I made this money clip a few weeks back as a commission for a friend. She wanted a floral tooling with a nutty brown finish. Throughout the tooling I decided to document the process, as the most asked question I get when I say I tool leather is, "How do you do it?" This is how!
When I went to get the mail, I had a few new arrivals waiting for me. The first is some Mini Whinny drafters. These are the first drafters I own in this scale, but definitely not the last!
I've been working like crazy trying to prepare for Breyerfest, from my show string to tack. Oh well, hopefully be more organized for 2014(ha).
The saddle hasn't seen much progress, but I started on a bridle. The bridle is a slit braid bridle, and still in the beginning stages.
I did manage to finish the bridle and breast collar on time! It is up for sale officially, I'm asking $30.00 for the set. I'll get some better photos soon, hopefully tomorrow, but here's some photos of it finished.
The bridle has a snaffle bit with roping reins and Rio Rondo buckles. The roping reins are adjustable, so they can be shortened to work as gaming reins.
I've been making some progress on a couple of different projects, including the breast collar and bridle set.
I did manage to make my June 1st deadline on my tack without realizing it, I just have to add tug straps to the breast collar and buckles to the bridle. Then of course the reins, I'm thinking of some nylon roping reins, but that's not set in stone yet. Any ideas welcome!
After talking to a friend of mine who collects a couple nights ago, it occurred to me I had done nothing to prepare for Breyerfest, and Breyerfest was less than two months away. So in my spare time I'm working on Breyerfest, which will consist of a western saddle, a racing saddle, and a couple of bridles. I'm also hoping to fix my English saddle, it got taken apart after the puppy got a hold of it. I'll fix it one day!
So far this is what I have for my western saddle, I'm using Susan Young's pattern, slightly edited to hopefully take a tree. We'll see how it works though!
I've been very busy in the studio this week, working on a few different projects. The charro bridle has been put on the back burner at the moment, until I can figure out how to make some mohair tassels that don't come part when they get handled.
One of the projects I've been working on is this Indian bosal/rope halter bridle. This is my reference:
I found a picture of a really neat charro bridle a couple days ago, and decided to try to make one.
I've had a surprisingly productive weekend, I repaired a couple models and got some photos of a few models.
I also discovered that people will give their models pedigrees, which I had not thought much about before. I played around with bloodlines and whatnot, now I'm thinking I maydive a little deeper with them. At some point I may add some of my models and their pedigrees to the site, depends upon if I can get Weebly to cooperate with the bloodlines.
The models I repaired have been sitting on my desk for almost a year, as I've been too scared to fix them. I finally took the jump and got them where they can stand again.
I worked on the blanket more last night, I started by stitching the two fleece halves together. I'm not very good with seeing when it comes to having pretty stitches, but I'm proud of how it turned out.
I've been in the model horse hobby actively for about four years. My main interests are customizing, tackmaking, and showing, although I do like to venture into the different aspects of the hobby also. Aside from model horses I ride real horses, and also dabble in leather crafting. Hope you enjoy my blog!
Blogs I Read